Our people have made our nursery an industry success story.
Be a part of Proven Winners
Join the Team
Spring Meadow Nursery offers international horticulture students and recent graduates the opportunity to intern at our nursery. This internship is available only to those who are fluent in English.
This is not a formal program and interns will learn by working. We will make the effort to get interns out to view other local nurseries and assist the intern in finding local housing. Interns are paid a decent hourly wage that should adequately cover room, board and provide some spending money.
This is a great opportunity to learn from a leading U.S. nursery. Interns are encouraged to ask plenty of questions and to use every opportunity to learn.
Applicants are responsible for obtaining a study visa. We recommend that you contact the one of the programs below to obtain visa information:
To Apply or to learn more:
Please send a cover letter and resume to Spring Meadow Nursery, Inc., 12601 120th Ave, Grand Haven, MI 49417 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Foreign Interns are require to obtain a student or work visa before we agree to an internship. Contact either of the organizations below to obtain a visa:
The Communicating for Agriculture Exchange Program
112 East Lincoln Avenue
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Phone (218) 739-3241
Fax (218) 739-3832
Ohio International Agricultural and Horticultural Intern Program
113 Agricultural Administration Building
The Ohio State University
2120 Fyffe Road
Columbus, Ohio 43210-1067
Phone: (614) 292-7720
Fax: (614) 292-2757
Tired of making videos about furniture, soap, and vacuums? Want to spend your days surrounded by blooms? Shoot in the largest hydrangea collection this side of the Mississippi? Have a passion for turning a basic DIY into a stop-motion masterpiece?
Spring Meadow Nursery, green industry leader and home to Proven Winners
You don’t need to be Plant Geek, just have a passion and curiosity for beautiful products and a great story.
1) Work with marketing team to build video concepts and production calendar
2) Generate weekly content and engagement through Proven
Winners ColorChoice variety specific videos and Spring
Meadow Nursery and Proven Winners ColorChoice brand videos
a. Maintain equipment and ensure everything is fully
b. Set up and execute technical aspects of filming
including lighting, audio, and camera operation
c. Post production editing of final visual/audio
material, dialogue, graphics, and special effects
to create compelling and visually interesting
3) Maintain plant video database
a. Continually add footage as plants are at peak
b. Stock footage for customers, licensees, and media
4) Work with staff, customers and licensees to insure
that all video marketing is high quality, effective and consistent with the brand standards.
5) Work with and review video concepts by outside design
and marketing firms.
6) Stay up-to-date on video trends and distribution
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
1) Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Media or related field
and/or 3-5 years producing and editing video content
2) Able to execute the full spectrum of the production
process including camera operation, lighting, and audio capture in an ever-changing outdoor environment
3) Expert level knowledge of photo/video editing programs: Premiere, After Effect or Final Cut Pro X, Photoshop, etc.
4) Able to manage time/priorities and multi-task to handle both long term projects and those that require aggressive turn-arounds
5) Preferably worked on the brand level before
6) Consider yourself an expert storyteller
7) Knowledge of social media and live streaming platforms
8) Work well both independently and in a team setting
9) Some travel may be required
Please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio* to Shannon Downey.
*You must submit a link or attachment to an online portfolio in order to be considered.