Clicking the following controls will change the main image displayed above.
- Tag: Juke Box® ×Pyracomeles Tag
- Benchcard: Juke Box® ×Pyracomeles Benchcard
- Grower Sheet: Juke Box® ×Pyracomeles Grower Sheet
- Spec Sheet: Juke Box® ×Pyracomeles Spec Sheet
- Plant of the Week: Plant of the Week May 14, 2020
Meet the Breeder
Dr. Tom Ranney
North Carolina, USA
- Boxwood alternative
- Disease resistant
Juke Box® ×Pyracomeles is a remarkable new dwarf broadleaf evergreen could be mistaken for a boxwood or small holly at first glance; however, it comes without the threat of boxwood blight or spider mites. It has a natural, globe-like habit but can be sheared and shaped as desired. Fine branching creates a full habit. ×Pyracomeles is an intergeneric hybrid between Pyracantha and Osteomeles, but it has no thorns and does not flower. Faster to produce than boxwood as well.
- Blue Ribbon Winner, UC Davis Landscape Irrigation Trials
- USDA Zone
- 7 - 9 (0°F/-17°C)
- Full sun, Part sun
- 1 - 3'
- 1 - 3'
- Finish Time
- 1 season
- Foliage Color
- Liner Sizes
- 2 1/4", 4", Quick Turn